DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT - TUESDAY: "Achieving Our Goals in Christ"#2
Former Senator Dwight W. Morrow searched in vain to find his railroad ticket as he was on a train leaving New York City. "I must find that ticket," he muttered. The conductor, who stood waiting beside him, said, "Don't worry about it, Mr. Morrow. We know you had a ticket. Just mail it to the railroad when you find it." "That's not what's troubling me," replied Morrow, "I need to find it to know where I'm going." - Daily Bread.
"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. - Mat 6:19-20. (ESV)
As I continue to share with you in how to Achieve Our Goals in Christ, we are reminded that these principles will provide us with a basic guideline, that will give us direction and inspiration, for achieving our goals in Christ. I do not know what your goals are, but I am using these principles to see my goals achieved in Christ, and the next ones are...
Always Tell The Truth!
A famous preacher once said, "Always tell the truth, and you never have to remember what you said." The ninth commandment is, "Thou shalt not lie." Each Christian who desires to reach their full destiny in God must tell the truth. We must be men and women of integrity and honour. We will never have success in life if we build our future on half-truth lies!
Prov 12:22 Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD, but those who act faithfully are his delight.
Prov 19:9 A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.
Col 3:9-10 Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.
A couple of hunters chartered a plane to fly into the Canadian wilderness. Two weeks later when the pilot came to pick them up, he saw the two animals they had bagged and said, "I told you fellows I could only take you and one moose. You'll have to leave the other behind."
"But we did it last year in a plane this size," protested one of the hunters, "and the other pilot let us take two moose." "Well, okay," said the pilot. "If you did it before I guess we can do it again."
So the two moose and the hunters were loaded in and the plane took off. Because of the heavy weight, it rose with difficulty and was unable to clear an obstructing hill. After the crash, the men climbed out and looked around. One hunter said to the other, "Where are we, anyway?"
His companion surveyed the scene. "I think we got about half a mile farther than we got last year." - Source Unknown.
Seven Results Of Being Dishonest;
1) We will attract liars into our lives and business dealings... Prov 17:4 An evildoer listens to wicked lips, and a liar gives ear to a mischievous tongue.
2) We will lack understanding… Ps 119:104 Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.
3) We will never enjoy permanent success… Prov 12:19 Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment. Prov 21:28 A false witness will perish, but the word of a man who hears will endure .
4) We will eventually end up in bondage and failure… Gal 2:4-5 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in--who slipped in to spy out our freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slaver--. to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you.
5) We will eventually be punished… Prov 19:5 A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will not escape.
6) We will become as fools… Prov 10:18 The one who conceals hatred has lying lips, and whoever utters slander is a fool.
7) Our lies will always come back to haunt us… Ps 7:14-6 Behold, the wicked man conceives evil and is pregnant with mischief and gives birth to lies. He makes a pit, digging it out, and falls into the hole that he has made. His mischief returns upon his own head, and on his own skull his violence descends.
The unattended garden will soon be overrun with weeds; the heart that fails to cultivate truth and root out error will shortly be a theological wilderness. - A.W. Tozer.
Today is the day when we will… Determine to speak the truth, and Achieve Our Goals in Christ!
Loving Father, help me by the power of the Holy Spirit to achieve my goals in Christ, remembering that you are a merciful God. Help me Lord as I determine to speak the truth. In Jesus wonderful name! Amen!