DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT - TUESDAY: JESUS… GOD ALMIGHTY
"Anything that one imagines of God apart from Jesus Christ is only useless thinking and vain idolatry."- Martin Luther.
But of the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom. - Heb 1:8. ESV
The theme of Hebrews is to present Jesus Christ as God, who is greater than all Mankind and Angels and to prove that by Christ, Judaism and the Law have come to an end, To confirm through Christ, Jewish Christians in their faith, and to establish in Christ, new covenant doctrines for all mankind.
8 FACTS ABOUT JESUS:
1. He is the SPOKESMAN for the Father... but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, - Heb 1:2a. Under the OT there were many parts, ways and persons used in speaking to mankind, but in the NT all is done through the Son who fulfilled the LAW and the Prophets and made the NEW COVENANT.
2. He is THE APPOINTED HEIR of ALL THINGS... whom he appointed the heir of all things. -Heb 1:2b.
3. He is the PLANNER OF ALL AGES... through whom also he created the world. - Heb 1:2c. Jesus was the agent in planning the ages and making the Father’s plan for Mankind. In this sense He is the EVERLASTING FATHER (Isa 9:6). He not only planned the ages but He CREATED EVERYTHING including the UNIVERSE…
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. - Col 1:15-18.
4. He is the RADIANCE (Intensity) of the Father’s GLORY... He is the radiance of the glory of God - Heb 1:3a.
I don’t know much about real diamonds other than they are really expensive. Eighteen months ago, when my wife Jean and I were on holiday on Sanibel Island, Florida, I was waiting as per usual, while Jean and her sister were shopping till they drop at some factory outlets, and I picked up a pamphlet that was lying on the bench where I was parked.
It was for Sanibel Diamonds and it explained that they were of a very high quality, and as I mentioned before, very, very expensive. But the thing that caught my attention was the way that every diamond had inscribed on them the name of the company, Sanibel Diamonds in very tiny print, and the radiance ratio etc;
As I sat there waiting, I thought of the above Scripture and the fact that Jesus is the radiance of God’s glory, not only that, but we who are his followers are His diamonds, and we are all stamped with the same radiance, His! Hallelujah! Praise His wonderful name! It certainly brightened up my shopping day!
5. He is the EXACT REPRESENTATION of the Father’s Person... and the exact imprint of his nature, - Heb 1:3b. Hebrew-Charakter… Exact expression or impression when metal is pressed into a die; or as a seal upon wax… He is the "image" or impress of His substance, or essence. It is the fact of complete resemblance.
6. HE UPHOLDS ALL THINGS (CREATIONS) by the POWER of HIS WORD... and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. - Heb 1:3c. By His Word of Power all things are sustained (continued) ETERNALLY… FOREVER!
7. HE IS THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD... After making purification for sins, - Heb 1:3d. He became the PUREFICATION for ALL SINS= by His death on the cross.
8. HE ASCENDED INTO HEAVEN AND WAS EXALTED TO HIS FORMER POSITION... he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, - Heb 1:3e. He is the KING OF KINGS, LORD OF LORDS AND LORD OVERALL, HE IS ALMIGHTY GOD!
There is no doubt in my mind that Jesus Christ is GOD ALMIGHTY….
To the artist He is the One Altogether Lovely.
To the architect He is the Chief Cornerstone.
To the astronomer He is the Sun of Righteousness.
To the baker He is the Living Bread.
To the banker He is the Hidden Treasure.
To the biologist He is the Life.
To the carpenter He is the Sure Foundation.
To the doctor He is the Great Physician.
To the educator He is the Great Teacher.
To the farmer He is the Sower and Lord of the Harvest.
To the florist He is the Lily of the Valley and the Rose of Sharon.
To the geologist He is the Rock of Ages.
To the horticulturist He is the True Vine.
To the judge He is the Righteous Judge.
To the juror He is the True Witness.
To the jeweller He is the Pearl of Great Price.
To the editor He is the Good Tidings of Great Joy.
To the optician He is the Light of the Eyes.
To the philosopher He is the Wisdom of God.
To the Printer He is the True Type.
To the servant He is the Good Master.
To the student He is the Incarnate Truth.
To the toiler He is the Giver of Rest.
To the Sinner He is the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world.
To the Christian, He is the Son of the Living God, the Saviour, the Redeemer, the Lord and GOD ALMIGHTY! – Source unknown.
Loving Father, I thank you that your word tells me that Jesus is God almighty! I pray by the power of the Holy Spirit, that I will be a faithful, loyal and obedient follower of my Lord and my God, Jesus Christ, in whose name I pray! Amen!